The Volksgarten (English: People's Garden) is a public park in the Innere Stadt first district of Vienna, Austria. The garden, which is part of the Hofburg Palace, was laid out by Ludwig Remy in 1821.The park was built over the city fortifications that were destroyed by Napoleon in 1809. The Volksgarten was opened to the public in 1823. The Volksgarten Fountain was erected in 1866 by Anton Dominik Fernkorn.
|Location||Volksgarten, Innere Stadt, Vienna, Austria|
AmbiX Upon Request